Mercatus is a fast-growing SaaS data management platform company that is migrating the multi-trillion-dollar private investment market into the cloud just like has been done for other industries in the global economy. As the leading platform for managing the complexity of today’s private market investment data, we offer a single solution for fund managers’ data, from deal to divestment, asset to fund, and equity to debt. Many of the largest alternative investors and asset owners leverage Mercatus to manage over $525B of assets and investments across 118 countries and 11 asset classes. These include renewable energy assets therefore enabling the world’s migration to clean energy. Mercatus is headquartered in Silicon Valley with team members across the globe including London, Rome, Austin, and India.
We’re building a team of inspired, smart, and driven individuals from all sorts of backgrounds. With many opportunities for growth and leadership, we strive to help each employee carve out the path that’s right for them. Our team is a smart, hardworking group of people who enjoy working together and come from diverse backgrounds and different walks of life which gives us a true melting pot of shared ideas and experiences.
Mercatus is looking for a VP of Marketing to join the team and to take their career to the next level by helping Mercatus grow to the next level. Reporting to the President, be part of the leadership team which is taking on this incredible market opportunity and setting the strategic direction of the company. Mercatus is focused on acquiring new customers worldwide at a rapid pace. In this context, the main objective of marketing will be sales qualified lead generation. We want a marketeer who can grow and lead a team and act like a “surgeon”: designing campaigns directed at a narrow audience within targeted accounts, then turning these suspects into qualified pipeline prospects.
- Drive account-based marketing (ABM) to create qualified leads with your team for the sales organization.
- Own the marketing programs across different channels that are appropriate for our sophisticated solutions being sold into large accounts. Drive channel marketing efforts as part of our strategic partner program.
- Produce high-quality content for our customers such as webinars, whitepapers, case studies, blogs, videos, etc. Establish brand standards for the company as part of building these digital assets. Consider investment and participation in marketing events such as prospect and customer events, conferences, and exhibitions. Support SDR activities.
- Determine KPIs, activities, and budget to drive the marketing team’s top of funnel mission. Measure the performance of all activities and campaigns, assess them against goals (ROI, Key Performance Indicators) and adjust strategy and activities to achieve them.
- Work with sales and account managers to communicate with executives in prospect companies and existing customer accounts. Work with product marketing on brand positioning and go-to-market strategy. In general, work closely with and build relationships with team members, users, partners, and the private markets community.
- Previous experience building and growing a marketing team to deliver sales qualified leads in a SaaS software enterprise startup with a targeted audience. Domain experience in private market investing, data platforms, and/or fintech preferred.
- Experience deploying modern marketing techniques to drive quantitative results including sales qualified leads.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, technology, or quantitative field preferred.
- Curiosity, energy, and looking to learn, grow your career, help your colleagues be successful, and help your customers be successful.