At Mercatus, we are passionate about building trust and sustainability in private market investing. We do this by providing investors speed, transparency, and flexibility in managing their private investments. Mercatus has pioneered a modern data management technology platform that digitally transforms how private investors invest and operate to accelerate the return on their investments (deal to divestment). We do so by empowering stakeholders with collaborative Cloud-based analytic technology that integrates the information and processes needed to optimally manage the complete end to end investment lifecycle of diverse private investment portfolios.
Mercatus is looking for a Sales Development Manager to build, improve, and manage the sales development process for target accounts. Mercatus clients are Private Market fund managers and investors with a focus on those in the infrastructure, energy, and/or real estate space. Your main goal will be to generate opportunities for Account Executives through warm marketing lead hand-offs, cold outreach, ABM strategies, and any other effective methods. This position would collaborate with Marketing and Sales to solidify a prospecting and lead generation strategy, prove its success, and then begin to scale. With success, this role can grow to build out your own team of Sales Development Representatives.
- Develop, maintain, and grow a pipeline of new business opportunities to deliver to the Account Executive team with documented activity
- Successfully prospect, educate, and convert conversations into Sales opportunities
- Follow up on warm marketing leads and do cold outreach with the goal of setting qualified meetings
- Uncover and understand prospects’ business challenges through account research and discovery calls
- Schedule and conduct introductory meetings with prospects, give high-level demos and clearly define next steps
- Create, test, and implement a repeatable and scalable opportunity generation process
- Establish relations with top organizational leaders and the C-suite. Must be comfortable talking with senior level execs to sell multi-million-dollar SaaS licensing contracts
- Collaborate between Marketing and Sales throughout the entire lifecycle
- 3+ years of sales development, lead generation, and/or selling to C-suite
- Experience/knowledge of private market asset managers/investors – infrastructure, energy, or real estate preferred.
- Experience selling SaaS software solutions, data solutions, and/or FinTech solutions with high price tag ($M in TCV)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: you are a clear, concise and compelling storyteller
- Possess strong presentation skills with the ability to tailor sales pitches to unique customer pains and being able to adapt based on customer reactions
- Strong time management skills; ability to prioritize effectively, meet deadlines, work with others and follow through to execute all tasks
- Self-starter – you’re always looking for ways to do your job better and you never wait to be told what to do. When you see an opportunity, you jump on it.
- Experience with CRM systems, Salesforce preferred
- Proven ability to establish relationships and converse with C-level executives