At Mercatus, we are passionate about building trust and sustainability in private market investing. We do this by providing investors speed, transparency, and flexibility in managing their private investments. Mercatus has pioneered a modern data management technology platform that digitally transforms how private investors invest and operate to accelerate the return on their investments (deal to divestment). We do so by empowering stakeholders with collaborative Cloud-based analytic technology that integrates the information and processes needed to optimally manage the complete end to end investment lifecycle of diverse private investment portfolios.
To support Mercatus’ rapid growth, we’re looking for a collaborative and high potential Implementation Manager, Data Insights to lead our growing Analytics team. In this role, you will report directly to our Global VP of Customer Success and be tasked with regularly building analytics insights for clients, surfacing impactful private market insights, building our company-wide health dashboard, and creating a process for analyzing and monitoring the KPIs of various departments to accelerate the growth of the business.
The ideal candidate will have excellent business acumen, are passionate about evangelizing data-driven decision making, and enjoy optimizing internal processes and systems. They should also be a strong communicator comfortable with facilitating executive level discussions regarding business drivers and ways to improve client investment decision making.
- Oversee the design and delivery of client dashboards and insights within the Sales process and Client Implementation process
- Gather complex data inputs from multiple sources and identify new data sources that will enhance business outcomes and support strategic objectives.
- Build, develop and maintain data models, reporting systems, dashboards and performance metrics that support key business decisions
- Create compelling presentations to tell the analytic story, demonstrating value by providing actionable insights with recommendations
- Communicate complex analytical results and corresponding implications to both internal and external clients in a manner that will be easily understood during the buying process
- Collaborate with team leaders to effectively manage team resources to produce high-quality deliverables
- Continuously focus on ways to improve efficiencies and quality control within department
- Assesses the needs of the business, prioritize projects, and drive new reporting requirements to completion
- Lead efforts to train clients to manage Analytics product sets independently
- Measuring Success: Metrics to gauge success of customer engagements:
- Time from design concept to client delivery
- Client engagement within Analytics and Reports
- Client ownership of Analytics and Reports
- Goals – First 12 Months
- Lead design efforts, review, and quality control for client delivery
- Train clients directly to manage Analytical toolkits
- Manage Analytics team (mostly offshore)
- 5+ years of combined experience in a highly analytical role at a high-growth technology company, private equity, investment banking, and/or management consulting
- Experience with B2B SaaS subscription software business models and metrics required
- Experience with business modeling required
- Intermediate level of SQL required (SQL Server, MySQL, Postgres, BigQuery). Comfortable with basic functions, subqueries, complex joins, for example
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel (think Index/Match and VBAs)
- Daily experience utilizing BI/data visualization software such as PowerBI, Tableau, Looker, GoodData
- Strong attention to detail and high-level of personal excellence and accountability
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) up and down the organization, from individuals and department leads to C-Suite.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field required; MBA/MS/Ph.D. a plus