At Mercatus, we are passionate about building trust and sustainability in private market investing. We do this by providing investors speed, transparency, and flexibility in managing their private investments. Mercatus has pioneered a modern data management technology platform that digitally transforms how private investors invest and operate to accelerate the return on their investments (deal to divestment). We do so by empowering stakeholders with collaborative Cloud-based analytic technology that integrates the information and processes needed to optimally manage the complete end to end investment lifecycle of diverse private investment portfolios.
To support Mercatus’ rapid growth, we’re looking for a collaborative and high potential Head of Product to lead and facilitate the vision, strategy, creation, and advocacy of the Mercatus offering. In this role, you will report directly to CEO and be responsible for product vision, strategy, roadmap, design, user research, product growth, as well as, structuring and growing the product organization. You will work jointly with the CTO to build and deliver the best possible experiences and value to customers within private market investing through the Mercatus platform.
The ideal candidate will have excellent business acumen, passionate about evangelizing data-driven decision making and product advocacy at all levels. They should also be a strong communicator comfortable with facilitating executive level and board discussions, decision justification, and roadmap.
- Define the “why” of the product and what to build next.
- Setting the vision and roadmap based on sound data-driven metrics.
- Lead the product organization ensuring initiatives are executed across internal teams, customers, and stakeholders.
- Mentor and grow the product organization.
- Ensure individual features and products are aligned with business objectives.
- Collect and understand customer insights to drive product decisions.
- Prioritize, communicate, and support complex and conflicting opportunities and market needs.
- Engage with cross-functional heads to ensure alignment and orientation to product vision across the organization.
- Work with product teams to ensure timely and complete requirements gathering, definition, deconstruction, and design.
- 10+ years combined experience in a software product leadership role (SaaS preferred)
- Strong domain experience in private markets investing (Private Equity, Real Estate, Infrastructure, Private Credit/Debt) or B2B data
- Past experience and successful track record growing venture-backed software companies from single-digit to double-digit ARR($M)
- Experience managing diverse and multi-regional distributed teams
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field required; MBA/MS/PhD a plus