Mercatus is a fast-growing SaaS data management platform company that is migrating the multi-trillion-dollar private investment market into the cloud just like has been done for other industries in the global economy. We offer the leading platform for managing the complexity of today’s private market investment data. Many of the largest alternative investors and asset owners leverage Mercatus to manage over $525B of assets and investments across 118 countries and 11 asset classes. These include renewable energy assets, therefore, enabling the world’s migration to clean energy. Mercatus is a remote organization with team members in Silicon Valley and across the globe including New York, Boston, Florida, Austin, London, Rome, and India.
We’re building a team of inspired, smart, and driven individuals from all sorts of backgrounds. With many opportunities for growth and leadership, we strive to help each employee carve out the path that’s right for them. Our team is a smart, hardworking group of people who enjoy working together and come from diverse backgrounds and different walks of life which gives us a true melting pot of shared ideas and experiences.
As a Director of Product Management at Mercatus you will make a big impact in your new company by driving the overall success of one or more of Mercatus product offerings. Own your products from inception through development, to release, product positioning and ongoing maintenance and enhancements.
- Help drive the strategic direction of the company by researching private market investment data trends and competitive offerings and by listening to customers and prospects to identify business opportunities in our market ecosystem (with Product Marketing).
- Own the product strategy and roadmap of one or more Mercatus offerings by using your knowledge of the market and by proactively working with customers, prospects, sales, and customer success to identify and prioritize products, features, and enhancements. Also consider product KPIs and other product development needs (bug fixes, refactoring, etc.) to define product roadmaps.
- Define personas and their problems and communicate throughout the organization (with UX). Use design thinking techniques and prototypes to consider new offerings.
- Take a lead managing our agile development environment, including writing user stories, running planning meetings and managing backlogs with our UX, developer, and QA team members.
- Interact with multiple teams at Mercatus to ensure the product is effectively built and released and that customer communication, support and training is delivered.
- As organization evolves, potentially mentor and manage more junior PMs.
- 5+ years previous experience successfully growing enterprise SaaS solutions, ideally in the FinTech and private market investment space.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, or business preferred.
- Background in private equity, real estate, fund management or finance a plus.
- Flexibility and ability to manage multiple projects within a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to proactively seek solutions and ways to improve performance.
- Desire to work together with your new colleagues, grow your career, be curious, have fun, and grow a great company.